Stories, musings, inspirations, and adventures from a mother, storyteller, artist, and forever child.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello! I'm back! 

Joyful (via Lizi)

I have missed coming to this sweet little space to reflect and write very, very dearly. I am happy to report that I am very much alive and kicking after having gone through a difficult week wherein both my heart and my body were, well, pretty much broken. 

It started with a struggle with self-doubt, wherein a chance encounter made me question myself and certain decisions I had made. My spirits sagging, my body then succumbed to a terrible flu (complete with chills, a sore throat, aches all over – the works). Feeling sad, sick, and very, very small, I hid under the covers, and found solace in popping vitamin C tablets and watching chick flicks. (Monte Carlo was one of them, a story I’ll tell you about later.)


But come the second half of the week, my situation greatly reversed, with doors opening unexpectedly, the Lord answering prayers even before I had the chance to utter them, and more blessings falling into my hands than I ever could have imagined. Faced with such hope and blessing, my heart and body had no other thing to do but heal.



It is good to be back.

And it is good to be grateful. And so I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the following for seeing me through this week:


  • Numero Uno: God’s faithfulness and love;
  • A husband who gives super good massages and adjusted his schedule so that he could bring me to my appointments for the week;
  • A little girl who sings to me and makes paper flower bouquets to cheer me up, and does little chores around the house to help make things easier; 
  • Wonderful children who remind me that what I do is a privilege, and that I am so blessed to be perpetually surrounded by their talent, their laughter, and their light;
  • Partners, colleagues, and friends who make the load easier and,
  • The ability of the heart and body to heal and start anew.
I'm back.

There are so many stories I wish to tell. And yes, I will be coming to this space several times this week to tell them :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment