Stories, musings, inspirations, and adventures from a mother, storyteller, artist, and forever child.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Funny Car Conversations

Sophie and her Papa!

The three of us were in the car the other day. We had just passed a billboard of Zac Efron, and Sophie said that she liked him. When I asked if she found him handsome, her answer was yes. This prompted me to ask another question, which then sparked a series of hilarious conversations:

Part 1
Me: Sophie, is Papa handsome?
Sophie: Just a little bit.
Pipo: A little bit? Why just a little bit?
Sophie: (smugly) Because I'm prettier!
Pipo: Fine.


Part 2
A few meters down, Pipo cannot resist asking the same question:

Pipo: Sophie, is Papa handsome?
Sophie: Mmmm...just a little bit.
Pipo: Just a little bit?
Sophie: Yes, just a little bit!
(Pipo pretends to sob.)
Pipo: Sophie doesn't find me handsome...uhuhuhu!
Sophie: Papa, stop crying!
Pipo: But you think that I'm just a little bit handsome! Uhuhuhuhu!
Sophie: (annoyed) I said, stop crying!
Me: But is Papa handsome?
Sophie: (impatiently) Just a little bit!
(Pipo's shoulders are wracked with fake sobs)

Part 3
A few more meters down, Papa is still pretending to weep.

Sophie: Ugh!
Me: Don't you find Papa handsome?
Sophie: (sighing) Yes, he's handsome.
Pipo: (lighting up) Really? I'm handsome?
Sophie: You're handsome!
Pipo: Wow! Thanks, Sophie!
Sophie: Handsome fatty!
Pipo: Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

By this time, I had doubled up with laughter. But to answer the question - yes Pipo, I think you are very, very handsome :-) We wouldn't have made this sweet, demure, and adorable baby if you weren't: 


Just look at that face! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment