Stories, musings, inspirations, and adventures from a mother, storyteller, artist, and forever child.

Monday, July 9, 2012

My 2012 Bucket List

Perhaps not this 2012, but someday soon.


Alas, where has the first half of 2012 gone? It flew by too, too quickly.I was reading through my good friend Phoenixfire's Life Lists (her very own bucket list) on her blog and was inspired to do the same. As I am all for making the 525,600 minutes (in this case the more or less remaining 262,800 minutes) count and for measuring life in lo-ooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeee (belt it out with me!), I am drafting a bucket list zeroing in on the last few months of 2012. Perhaps by having a specific deadline and by declaring it to a virtual universe, I shall feel compelled to hustle to turn some long-put off plans into reality. So (drumroll please as I take a deep breath),  here goes:

Before 2012 ends, I will --

1. Cut, color, and curl my hair. - Some friends of mine will attest to the fact that I have been talking about this for years and years. Yes, literally years and YEARS.  And so friends, be very very proud, for I am finally taking the plunge and changing my look THIS year!

2. Learn to drive. - And once I am able to bring my husband to work for the very first time, I will make a huge, huge fuss about it. I will brown bag his lunch, make a "Have a great day at work!' banner, bring confetti, party poppers, and squeeze tears out of my eyes as I wave goodbye. I will make an equally huge fuss when I pick him up.

3. Use my zumba gift certificate. - I bought it last May, so it's been sitting (perhaps forlornly so) in my bag for two whole months. It's valid till September, so off to the gym I must go! (If I'm able to do this, I shall move on to poi or arnis or both after.)

4. Prepare a sweet, intimate, magical princess birthday bash for Sophie's 7th birthday this August.


5. Fix my and Sophie's passport. - something I've been putting off forever. Tsk, tsk. Not anymore I won't!

6. Take Sophie on an airplane ride. 

7. Stop making excuses and take the time to go on a legitimate vacation (may be merged with number 6). 

8. Take a photography class and or/travel writing class.

9. Write the play that's been in my head for the past two years.

10. Catch up with friends. - when I say, "Let's have coffee or dinner and catch up sometime," or "I'll invite you over to the house soon," I will mean it, make good on it, and plague you tillyou've sat down to have that coffee/dinner with me or till you've visited my house. 

11. Join any marathon/fun run at least once.

12.  Do something special for my family and my in-laws. - I want to treat my now much bigger family to some place really, really nice (perhaps during my birthday) to thank all of them for all the love and support and kindness they've showered me, Pipo, and Sophie :-)There is a 13th goal, but that is a little too personal to share, at least for now. If and when it happens, though, I shall shout it out from the rooftops, and to the whole wide world :-)


Here's to making the rest of 2012 count :-)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your bucket list!

    Holy moly...your 1, 2, 5 & 6 are very similar to the things in my list! :-) Apir!

    Goodluck Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Aimee! Haha, really? Apir! Let's do this! :-)

      Delete